Please note Level Up Grading day has been changed to Sunday 24th March 2019. With the studio closed over the long weekend, we thought it best to give students an extra week to go over their level up moves and prepare for the day.
Please see the info below for all the details and also make sure you pick up a form at reception to register.
STUDENTS CAN ONLY GRADE ONE LEVEL AT A TIME.
YOU MUST PASS LEVEL 1 FIRST, THEN OBTAIN THE REQUIRED CLASS ATTENDANCE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE NEXT GRADING.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN A LEVEL 3 CLASS YOU MUST PASS LEVEL 1 & 2 TO CONTINUE.
Grading Day 2019
Sunday March 24th 2019
Level 1 Hip Hop (6-8 years) -9.30am
Level 2 Hip Hop (6-8 years) - 10.15am
Level 1 Breaking (6-8 years) 11.00am
6-8yrs Presentation 11.30am
Level 1 Breaking (9-14 years) 12.00pm
Level 1 Hip Hop (9-14 Years) - 12.45pm
Level 2 Hip Hop (9-14 years) - 1.30pm
9-14yrs Presentation 2.15pm
Level 1 Hip Hop and Breaking - $35
(Costs include level up criteria booklet, patches, wristbands)
All other levels - $20
HOW IT WORKS
- Any student wishing to attend classes Level 2 and above must grade
- Grading will consist of the groove moves taught in class during assessment weeks
- Kat and Troy will assess students based on ability to complete the move with technique and groove
- At the end of assessment, students will be given a pass or re-try
- If students pass they can start attending classes in the next level
- If students are told to re-try, it does not mean they fail. They will get constructive feedback, continue with current classes and re-asses at the next Level Up Assessment Day
If your child does not wish to participate please inform your teacher. It is optional however they will be required to stay in a level 1 class
WHICH CLASSES REQUIRE LEVEL UP GRADING ATTENDANCE AND PASS ACHIEVEMENT:
Hip Hop 5-8y Level 1 (Jarrod): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1 (Jarrod): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 2 (Troy): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 9-14y Level 3 (Kat): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Breaking 6-8y Level 1 (Chesson): Not required but highly recommended
Breaking 9-14y Level 3 (Daniel): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
All Saturday classes Level 1-2: Not required but highly recommended
**note: grading also has an attendance element. Please check at reception if you have met this requirement before booking in for your level**