Firstly, our first Grading Day workshop was a huge success. We’ve had really positive feedback from students and parents who said they now feel more prepared and know what to work on. We hope to see every grading student in the workshops next time.
Below is all the info you will need for Grading Day this Sunday 8th September. To help the day run smoothly please:
- Make sure you have pre-registered and paid at reception
- Check to make sure have completed the required class attendance to grade to the next level
- Don’t forget to bring your grading day booklet if you have one already.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your session time is meant to begin.
- There may be delays on the day so we thank you for your patience.
Grading times are as follows:
Level 1 Breaking (6-8 years) - 9.00am
Level 1 Hip Hop (6-8 years) -9.15am
Level 2 Hip Hop (6-8 years) -10.00am
6-8yrs Presentation -10.30am
Level 1 Hip Hop (9-14 years) -11.00am
Level 2 Hip Hop (9-14 years) -11.45am
Level 3 Hip Hop (9-14 Years) - 12.30pm
Level 1 Breaking (9-14 years) -1.15pm
Level 2 Breaking (9-14 years) -2.00pm
9-14yrs Presentation 2.45pm
HOW IT WORKS
- Any student wishing to attend classes Level 2 and above must grade
- Grading will consist of the groove moves taught in class or at the workshops
- Kat and Troy will assess students based on ability to complete the move with technique and groove
- At the end of assessment, students will be given a pass or re-try
- If students pass they can start attending classes in the next level
- If students are told to re-try, it does not mean they fail. They will get constructive feedback, continue with current classes and re-asses at the next Level Up Assessment Day
** If your child does not wish to participate please inform your teacher. It is optional however they will be required to stay in a level 1 class
** Participants can only Level Up 1 level per grading day eg a Level 1 student is not able to Level Up level 2 & 3 hip hop in one day.
WHICH CLASSES REQUIRE LEVEL UP GRADING ATTENDANCE AND PASS ACHIEVEMENT:
Hip Hop 6-8y Level 2 (Jarrod): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1 (Jarrod): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 2 (Troy): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 6-8y Level 1 (Logan): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-14y Level 3 (Kat): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Breaking 6-8y Level 1 (Chesson): Not required but highly recommended
Breaking 9-14y Level 3 (Daniel): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 6-8y Level 1-2 (Jack) Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1-2 (Jack) Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1-2 (Estelle) Not required but highly recommended
Breaking 9-14y Level 1-2 (Baus) Not required but highly recommended