As you may have seen we are hosting our second in-house SDS Hip Hop Competition. We really want to encourage everyone at the studio to have a go at this competition.
The Hip Hop competition is a great learning experience for all students in a studio safe environment. There are a few reasons why we think a competition is a great activity for the students:
- Push dancers to work on the skills
- Give them some creativity freedom
- Meet and work with new people
- Teaches students to take critique, constructive criticism and learn how to handle winning and losing
- Gives them another performance opportunity
There will be guest judges, awesome prizes, pro photographer, showcase performances and lots of fun!
AWARDS will include:
1st, 2nd and 3rd places for all sections and age groups
Date: Saturday 5th October 2019
Where: Whitehorse Primary School
Doors Open: 1:30pm
Comp Starts: 2:00pm
Registration $15 (per performer - unlimited entry)
Entry: Adult $10 Junior $5
- Each routine must be choreographed by the performers
- Students in 6-8 aged category can ask SDS teachers for assistance in choreography
- Students in 9+ category can ask SDS teachers for feedback only
- Music mixes cannot be created by studio staff
- Time lengths are strict and judges will penalise if students go over time
Students will all dance to the same solo song which will be available on SDS Community soon
Top 5 will be picked to perform individually
Routine to be 90 secs MAX!!
Routine to be 120 secs (2 minutes) MAX!!
Registrations and songs due no later than Wednesday 2nd October
GET YOUR FRIENDS TOGETHER AND STARTING PRACTICING!