Teachers have spent the last few weeks preparing for our Grading Day Sunday 22nd March. Here is some more info about the program and what classes require grading for students to attend. Grab your flyer and attendance form at reception.
WHAT IS GRADING AND WHY SHOULD WE GRADE:
The SDS Level Up program is an initiative developed by the SDS team to systematically track student’s dance development. It allows us to follow a student’s progress as well as ensuring classes are planned according to abilities.
Dividing students into levels ensures that students are in classes which reflect their level of ability, making them feel comfortable and happy.
The Level Up program is also a gateway to join our performance crews. It is not a compulsory program however we would like to see all our students aged 6-14 years participate in this program.
**If your child does not wish to Level Up they may only continue in Level 1 classes.
HOW IT WORKS
- Grading is for students aged 6-14 years
- Any student wishing to attend classes Level 2 and above must grade
- Grading will consist of the groove moves taught in class or at the workshops
- Kat and Troy will assess students based on ability to complete the move with technique and groove
- At the end of assessment, students will be given a pass or re-try
- If students pass they can start attending classes in the next level
- If students are told to re-try, it does not mean they fail. They will get constructive feedback, continue with current classes and re-asses at the next Level Up Assessment Day
** If your child does not wish to participate please inform your teacher. It is optional however they will be required to stay in a level 1 class
** Participants can only Level Up 1 level per grading day eg a Level 1 student is not able to Level Up level 2 & 3 hip hop in one day.
WHICH CLASSES REQUIRE LEVEL UP GRADING ATTENDANCE AND PASS ACHIEVEMENT:
Hip Hop 6-8y Level 2 (Jarrod): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1 (Jarrod): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 2 (Troy): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Hip Hop 9-12y Level 1 (Logan): Not required but highly recommended
Hip Hop 9-14y Level 3 (Kat): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
Breaking 9-14y Level 3 (Daniel): You must attend and pass level up to continue attending this class
All Saturday classes Level 1-2: Not required but highly recommended
You must register for our Grading Day. Please pick up a form at reception or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADING DAY TIMES
6-8 Level 1
9 - 9:30
6-8 Level 2
9-14 Level 1
10:30 - 11:30
9-14 Level 2
11:00 - 11:30
9-14 Level 3
11:30 - 12:00